Roomba 550 Review
With its enhanced design, including improved navigation, coverage, pickup, and filtration, the Roomba 550 vacuum-cleaning robot makes it easier then ever to clean floors throughout the house–hands free. Simply press the “clean” button & the unit will vacuum the whole floor on its own, adjusting automatically to any floor surface including wood, tile, linoleum, rugs, and carpet.
The vacuum’s large dustbin empties easily, and its improved filtration system traps dust, pollen,& other allergens, helping to ensure only clean air gets released back into the room. For added convenience, the vacuuming robot automatically returns to its self-charging Home Base to dock & recharge between cleaning cycles or when the battery starts to run low.
The iRobot Roomba 550 is available on Amazon at over 35% off retail price!
Cleaning the unit is very simple. The bin is extremely easy to clean as are the filters and brushes which can be performed as weekly maintenance. The unit comes with 2 extra large brushes for the center, and 2 paper filers for the bin.
Here are some great features of the Roomba 550:
- Covers up to 4 rooms on a single battery charge.
- Counter rotating Bristle Brush and Beater Brush work together like a dustpan and broom
- Cleans the whole floor, under and around furniture, into corners and along wall edges.
- Detects dirtier areas and spends more time cleaning
- Automatically returns to its self-charging Home Base to dock and recharge between cleanings
- Faster counter-rotating brushes with improved design pick up more hair, debris and dust.
- Improved anti-tangle technology keeps Roomba from getting stuck on cords, carpet fringe and tassels
Possibly the most impressive features of the iRobot Roomba 550is that has a very low profile, so that cleans underneath the majority of your furniture without having to move most objects to maneuver around.