Makita BDF452HW Cordless Drill Review 2018
The Makita BDF452HW cordless drill is built to be compact in size yet it delivers 450 in Ibs of maximum torque even though it only weighs three and half pounds. It is one of the most powerful drills produced by Makita, which is a world leader in the production of industrial quality power tools and accessories.
The Makita BDF452Hw cordless drill features a 4 pole maximum torque motor that delivers 285 in Ibs of PTI torque which is outstanding for its little size. The Makita BDF452HW is designed for handling a wide range of drilling operations through the use of its two speed all metal transmission that delivers 0-450 RPM at low speed and 0-1500 RPM in high speeds.
The Makita BDF452Hw cordless drill is only 8 inches long and its ergonomic shape ensures that it fits nicely into the operator’s thereby reducing fatigue. The Makita BDF452HW is also fitted with LED light that helps illuminate the work area which makes it even more user friendly for better results. Its lithium ion battery also offers the longest running life.
What are the range of applications for the Makita BDF452 cordless drill?
It can be used for driving and drilling into wood and steel in various areas ranging from plumbing, HVAC, remodeling, electrical and much more. With its compact size combined with the power it delivers the Makita BDF452HW is any workman’s dream appliance.
The Makita BDF452HW Features and Specifications
- Product Dimensions: 22.9 x 10.2 x 5.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.8 pounds
- Compact ergonomic design, weighs just 3.5 pounds and is only 8 inches long
- Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 450 in.lbs. of Max Torque and 285 in Ibs of PTI Torque with a variable 2-speed all metal transmissions
- Makita LXT lithium-ion battery with an energy star rated 15-Minute quick optimal charger which produces 430-Percent total lifetime work with 2.5X more cycles
- Comes with a 3 year manufacturer’s warranty that covers repair due to defects in materials or workmanship up to three years from the date of original purchase.
- Comes with a 1 year warranty on the battery and charger.
- No assembly required
The Makita BDF452HW Customer Reviews
I am really happy with the Makita BDF452HW drill but the only thing I am not happy about is the battery. The lithium ion batteries have a 3-4 years life span so if you purchase one that has been in stock for a very long time you might have to change one sooner than you expect. –Troy N
The batteries are covered by a one year warranty and so you can have them replaced if it goes belly up in less than one year anyway.
“I was looking for a good cordless drill that did not weigh a ton, but still had a lot of power. I found that the Makita BDF452HW was built to be very light and compact but it still came with a lot of power.” (summarized)
“I needed to do some work around boat docks and so I decided to do a lot of research because I already had experience with a number of different brands in the market. I purchased the Makita BDF452HW about 18 months ago and this is one of the best decisions I ever made. I have been so impressed with how it has been working that I have purchased other tools manufactured by Makita.” (summarized)