Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Metal Detector Review 2018 – Best for Beginners
The Bounty Hunter Tracker IV metal detector is the perfect entry level metal detector for those thinking about getting in to this exciting and profitable hobby. The Bounty Hunter tracker IV offers simplicity and ease of use, coupled with excellent metal detecting capabilities. That being said, the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV is, without question, still powerful enough to make seasoned treasure hunter happy.
The Tracker IV is streamlined in appearance and features only two operating knobs and a mode selection switch. The Tracker IV does not have the LCD display that many of Bounty Hunter’s other models boast, featuring instead a large Sensitivity Meter.
The Tracker IV has eliminated the two most difficult aspects of metal detector operation, Tuning and Ground Balancing. Both of these functions are automatic with the Tracker IV. The Tracker IV will detect metal in extreme ground conditions ranging from salt (beach hunting) to black sand (gold prospecting), with no operator adjustments to the circuitry and with no loss of sensitivity.
The Bounty Hunter Tracker IV has a unique Ground Track feature that automatically balances the detector to the soil mineralization conditions; this allows the Tracker IV to be used in virtually any soil condition or mineral content. This makes the Tracker IV easy to use and a tremendous value.
The Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Metal Detector features three different operating modes to help you find those hidden treasures fast.
Motion All Metals- With the motion all-metals mode, the Tracker IV responds to any metal you sweep over.
Full discrimination Mode- Full discrimination mode rejects iron and other trash items.
Tone Discrimination Mode- This mode alerts you with one or two audio pitches for different types of metals.
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Features
- Discrimination Control- Three modes of control are available:
All Metal– In this mode, all different types of metal will be detected by the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV metal detector. Metal such as iron, steel, aluminum, silver, copper, brass and gold will cause a reading on the metal detector. This mode is perfect for persons searching for historical relics, gold, cache’s and general applications like locating property markers or finding lost items around the house.
Full Discriminate– When detecting in this mode most junk items will be automatically rejected. The discriminate control setting can be adjusted higher to increase the range of items discriminated.
Tone Discriminate– The tone discriminator is a great setting to use. A unique dual tone beep plus automatic iron rejection makes finding treasure fast, fun and easy. You can dial in a broken tone for certain pull tabs by turning the discriminate control dial to the middle position. With this broken tone and a two tone discrimination capabilities, you can quickly identify different types of buried metals based exclusively on the tone! This will allow you to accurately find coins, jewelry and other items buried in high trash areas.
- Auto Ground Control- Using the Ground Track feature allows for operation in just about any soil condition regardless of mineral content. Best used for beach or gold prospecting, the tracker IV can detect gold nuggets through black sand and deeply buried relics in all soil types.
- 8″ Waterproof Coil-8″ coil (standard), great for all around metal detecting. The coil is waterproof and can be submerged in either fresh or salt water.
- Interchangeable Coil System- Swap to different sized coils for specialized hunting. For example: use a 10″ coil for maximum depth penetration while searching for deeply buried objects. Use a 4″ coil for searching in trashy areas or gold prospecting and getting into tight spaces.
- Headphone Jack- Use headphones for maximum tone recognition and discovery of more deeply buried objects that might emit a weaker tone and remain undetected by the speaker alone. Also great in highly populated areas or areas that have a lot of background noise.
- Comfort Hand Grip- Search in comfort with the cushioned comfort hand grip.
- Padded Arm Rest- Save wear and tear on your arm with the padded arm rest.
- Meter System- Easy to read meter system is less complicated and uses less battery life than the digital type.
- S-Rod Handle- The S-Rod handle system provides maximum control and comfort for sustained metal detecting operations.
- Low Battery Indicator- Indicator light lets you know when you need to power up.
- Sensitivity Control- Increase or reduce sensitivity based on junk metal interference levels.
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Metal Detector Specifications
Dimensions 28.2″ x 10″ x 6.2&quo&t; (4.8 x 7.1 x 1.6 cm)
Weight 4.6 pounds
Model # TRACKERIV/TK4-PL
Batteries 2- 9 volt batteries
Water Resistant yes (coil only)
Coin Depth Detection 8”
Large Object Detection 3’
Warranty 5 years
Coil Size 8”
Coil Type Open
Visual Target System Intensity Meter
Audio Feedback Internal Speaker/Headphone Jack
Modes of operation 3- Motion All Metals, Full Discriminate, Tone Discriminate.
What Can I Use the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Metal Detector For?
The Tracker IV is perfect for:
Relic Hunting- A relic is a historical object, often of great value. The best way to find a relic is to first do some research of your target area. Your local library is a great place to find out about historic events that might have happened in your area. You can then concentrate your metal detecting to a specific spot that is more likely to yield treasure.
Cache Hunting- A cache or “cash” is treasure buried or hidden in a chest, strong box, can, or a bag of some sort. A cache could be found buried in the yard or in the walls of an abandoned house. Another good place to look would be an old campsite where somebody could have buried personal belongings for safekeeping.
Jewelry Hunting- All types of jewelry can be found wherever people gather. Parks, beaches, campgrounds and school yards are all places people routinely lose jewelry.
Gold Prospecting- You can find gold at abandoned gold mines or river beds where it is washed down from the mountains. Old mining claims are another good place to look.
Find Stuff Around the House- Lose your keys or lose some jewelry in the yard? Use the Tracker IV to find your lost items around the house.
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Metal Detector – What is in the box?
The Tracker IV includes:
– The Bounty Hunter Tracker IV metal detector
– 8″ waterproof coil
– Owners manual
– 5 year warranty
In summary, the Tracker IV is a user-friendly metal detector that requires only a minimum of operator skill. But don’t worry; the Tracker IV delivers powerful performance over a wide range of conditions and applications. From black sand deposits common at gold prospecting locations to salt water beach conditions, the Tracker IV penetrates the earth’s naturally occurring minerals to accurately find buried metals.
The Bounty Hunter Tracker IV metal detector is highly recommended not only as an entry level metal detector for beginner treasure hunters, but also as a low cost supplementary (or second) metal detector for more experienced operators.
How Did We Rate It At Best Metal Detectors Reviews?
Overall Rating: Rating: ★★★★½
**Rating based on actual customer reviews from leading retail outlets.