Top Food Dehydrators Review 2018
A food dehydrator with its low temperature helps in drying foods by removing the excess moisture from foods like vegetables, fruits, spices and herbs. If you are keen to dry foods within the comfort of your home, there are many food dehydrators available in the market. Some of the top food dehydrators have been listed below with its features.
1.Nesco American Harvest FD 61 WHC Food Dehydrator
The food dehydrator from Nesco helps in drying foods evenly within a short span of time. The company has been manufacturing food dehydrators for more than 30 years. It is indeed one of the leading companies that offer best quality dehydrating units.
- Dries fruits and vegetables quickly
- Inclusive of a jerky gun and 5 trays
- Easy to dissemble and most parts of the unit are dishwasher safe
- Keeps the nutritional content intact with the Opaque Vita Save cover
- Comes with a screen to dry sticky fruits and herbs and fruit roll sheets
2.Presto Food Dehydrator 06300
If you are on the lookout for a best food dehydrator to dry spices, herbs, fruits and vegetables, you can consider Presto food dehydrator. The unit offers best of outcomes in terms of drying foods without the need of any preservatives or additives.
- Comes with a 4 tray system to dehydrate foods
- The drying process can be monitored through the cover that is see through
- The drying cover and trays are dishwasher safe and completely immiscible
- Comes with a preset temperature of around 165 degrees
3.Excalibur Food Dehydrator 3926TB
The food contents placed on the trays gets dried in no time to make the process of dehydrating food faster. This unit from Excalibur is best suited for large families. In addition, some of the beneficial features of the food dehydrator include:
- Inbuilt on and off button with adjustable thermostat with timer of 26 hours
- Comes with a poly screen tray that prevents food from getting stuck
- Ideal for sportsmen, gardeners and large families
- 9 tray dehydrator with drying space of 15 square feet
4.NutriChef Food Dehydrator with Kitchen Electric Counter top
With the food dehydrating unit from NutriChef, you can dehydrate foods to increase its preservation. You can simply remove the moisture content stored in your food and prepare healthy snacks. Some of the useful features of the food dehydrator include:
- Dehydrates food by retaining the nutritional contents
- Better choice when compared to freezing or canning
- 6 tier trays to increase the airflow
- Maximum temperature up to 180 degrees Fahrenheit
5.Waring Pro DHR30 Food Dehydrator
If you want to make your own dried fruits, vegetables, beef jerky and herbs, you can consider Waring Pro as it makes the process convenient. You can either prepare snacks or naturally store the homegrown foods for your recipes with the food dehydrator.
- Comes with interlocking and stackable trays
- Inclusive of fruit roll up sheet and adjustable thermostat
- Fan system allows good air flow
Thus, these are some of the best food dehydrating units that simplify your kitchen.