Best Detectors For The Pro – Teknetics T2 Metal Detector Review 2018
The Teknetics T2 is a new high-performance multi-purpose professional grade metal detector. It utilizes the latest advances in electronic technology, and its functional design represents the leading edge in metal detector engineering. According to Teknetics, the T2 is easier to learn to use properly than other comparable metal detectors. Its combination of light weight and balance provides comfort which sets it apart from other detectors in its price range.
Teknetics T2 Features
HIGH PERFORMANCE- The Teknetics T2 is a multi-purpose high-performance computerized metal detector. It has the high sensitivity and ground cancellation features needed for professional gold prospecting, the discrimination responsiveness needed for serious relic hunting under difficult conditions, and visual target ID considered essential in searching for coins. The ground cancellation system can be adjusted to allow searching salt water beaches. The T2 operates at 13 kHz for good sensitivity to gold nuggets and jewelry as well as to coins. The T2 comes with an 11-inch elliptical Bi-Axial searchcoil for maximum detection depth in mineralized soils.
USER COMFORT- The T2 is light weight and the best balanced of any high-performance metal detectors, so you can hold and swing it almost effortlessly. The arm rest position is adjustable to fit your arm. The grip is durable high-friction foam elastomer, comfortable in any kind of weather. The controls are conveniently located and easy to learn how to use. Locking collars on the tubes eliminate rattling.
EASY-TO-USE & INFORMATIVE INTERFACE- The entire menu is always visible on the LCD display. The LCD display indicates the electrical signature (target I.D.) of the detected metal object. The display provides continuous information on battery condition and onground mineralization, which affects detection depth. Help messages are automatically displayed on the lower right corner of the display when necessary.
LOW OPERATING COST- the Teknetics T2 is powered by four AA alkaline batteries, which will typically last for more than 40 hours of use before needing replacement.
Teknetics T2 Quick Look Features
- 2 Operating Modes- All Metal Mode, Discrimination Mode .
- Ground Cancellation- Works in all modes.
- Large LCD Display- Operating state always visible, straightforward menu driven user interface, Displays target id, depth display, battery condition, message center and mode settings.
- Biaxial Search Coil- 11 inch open frame, Deep soil penetration, good for saltwater beaches.
- Dual Function Trigger Switch- Pull for accurate target pinpointing, push to cancel ground mineral interface.
- Pistol Grip- Pistol grip confirms comfortably to your hand.
- 2 Way Adjustable Armrest-Width can be adjusted to the arm, arm rest can be positioned forward or backward.
Teknetics T2 Specifications
Dimensions 22 x 6 x 5 inches
Weight 3 pounds
Model # T2
Batteries 4 AA alkaline or NiMH
Water Resistant Water Proof Coil
Coin Depth Detection 12-15”
Large Object Detection Several Feet
Warranty 5 year Limited
Coil Size 11”
Coil Type BiAxial
Operating Mode VLF
Audio Feedback Internal Speaker, Headphone Jack
Modes of operation 2-All Metals, Discrimination mode. Pinpoint feature
What Can I use it For?
– Coin Shooting
– Relic Hunting
– Jewelry Hunting
– Cache Hunting
– Locating Property Markers or Household items
– Gold Prospecting
How Did We Rate It?