Roland RD 700 Digital Piano Review
The Roland RD700 is clearly one of the tough models to beat in terms of technology and value. It boasts the innovative feature of the touch and control setup which would make it very easy for anyone to start playing a tune in this digital piano. Although a little bit heavier with about 55 pounds of weight than the competitors of the same caliber the roland rd700 has all the amazing features that one can dream of regardless of its heavier design.
Any piano players dream of owning a digital one and Roland has been around for quite some time providing good musical instruments to many well-known musicians around the world. Digital piano is almost synonymous with the Roland brand name and the RD700 can be considered as one of the best digital pianos with top of the line quality performance.
Roland RD700 Key Features:
- Huge 64MB internal memory with stereo piano sound samples and various instrument sounds
- Featuring Sympathetic Resonance built in effects with 65 algorithms
- Progressive Hammer Action Keyboard that comes with 128 voices in a 16 part sound engine with 88 key notes for full stage digital piano performance
- Large LCD display for easy viewing of options and settings
- Knobs and sliders for easy volume and sound adjustments
- Quick transition to acoustic piano from digital through the one-touch button
- Powerful onboard arpeggiator that comes with 45 styles
- 85 Rhythm patterns for musical composition and practicing
- Tonewheel Organ Sounds that can be edited via the graphical harmonic bar
- Upgradable to SRX two series through quality Roland wave expansion board
PROS of Roland RD 700
- High quality digital piano performance with quick change to acoustic piano by just switching the piano button. This will allow quick transition from digital to piano full sound.
- Large capacity internal memory. The roland rd700 built-in 64mb memory stores more musical recording important for composition and for practicing. The onboard internal memory has many preset sounds effects, various voices and numerous musical instruments for accompaniment.
- Exceptional high quality organ sound tonewheel allows full editing via the graphical bar.
- Capable of upgrading to Roland SRX series with the reliable wave expansion boards.
- Larger LCD display has a good viewing area for easy settings and adjustments.
- Excellent as a full digital stage piano in terms of outstanding performance audio and design features.
- Great value with its affordable price.
CONS of Roland RD 700:
- The weight could be an issue to others since it is a bit heavier at 55 pounds.
- Other users reported that the adjustments from one effect to another are quite complicated at the very beginning.
Final Verdict on ROLAND RD700
If you are searching for a high performance digital piano that can also produce quality acoustic grand piano sounds then the roland rd 700 is an excellent choice. With all the quality features known to any Roland musical instrument the ability to produce high quality sound is always expected from this roland rd700. The ability to quickly switch form acoustic to digital piano and vice versa is another plus to consider and the huge internal memory means more space for musical recording and sample voices or effects. Overall, the roland rd700 is a great buy for immediate to advance piano users with interface that has many options and excellent sound quality. This is a great piece of digital piano that you’ll love to have for a long time.