Makita BTD144 Cordless Impact Driver Review

The Makita BTD144 Impact Driver is a serious piece of equipment. It is designed for professionals who need superior performance day in and day out, year after year, but is also great for the weekend warrior who expects professional performance from his power tools. It offers possibly the most torque with the least weight in the business.

The Makita BTD144 Impact Driver starts with a Makita 3-speed brushless motor. Even though the BTD144 weighs just 3.3 pounds and is only five and a half inches long, it produces up to 1,420 inch-pounds of max torque. It has a 3-speed power switch that helps it deliver up to 300 rpm, 2,000 rpm, or 2,600 rpm. It also gives up to 1,300 impacts per minute, 2,800 ipm, or 3,400 ipm depending on switch position.

Beside being light, the Makita BTD144 Impact Driver is ergonomically designed to transfer as much of the force it generates into the object being worked on and as little into the user as possible. It also has an electric brake, a glow in the dark ring for easy location, an LED to illuminate your target, and a one-touch chuck for inserting bits. It even has a warning light that tells you when the battery needs to be recharged.

Here are some great features of Makita BTD144 Cordless Impact Driver:

– Variable 3-speed power selection switch (0-1,300/0-2,000/0-2,600 RPM and 0-1,300/0-2,800/0-3,400 IPM) provides the user with precise fastening control for a wide range of applications
– Makita-built Brushless Motor Technology delivers increased motor efficiency to provide up to 20% longer battery life per charge.
– Makita-built Brushless Motor delivers 1,420 in.lbs. of Max Torque
– Battery warning light and built-in L.E.D. light both flash when it is time to recharge the battery
– 3-year warranty on tool and 1-year warranty on battery and charger

Makita was at the forefront of the move to cordless power tools, and its lithium-ion battery was a game-changer. It is 40 percent lighter than a ni-cad battery, and it gets two and a half as many work cycles as a ni-cad. It also gives more run time and only takes 15 minutes to charge. The Makita BTD144 Impact Driver comes with a 3-year warranty, and the battery is warrantied for 1 year.

Customer feedback on Amazon is overwhelmingly positive. There aren’t a lot of reviews, but 78 percent gave it a perfect 4 stars and the other 22 percent gave it 4 stars. That means everyone gave it a positive review so far. Here’s what two users had to say:

Here’s what one of the owners had to say about Makita BTD144 Cordless Impact Driver:

I have used it on several jobs and found it to work quite well. It sure helps to drive long screws in lumber that is difficult for a regular screw gun to accomplish. The battery lasts for a long time compared to other battery operated drills. I am very happy that I purchased this impact driver. (By Happy Woodworker)

– Review Paraphrased for size –

Click Here to Leave a Comment Below

Leave a Comment: