Breville BES860XL Espresso Machine Review 2018
The Breville BES860XL delivers the optimum path from espresso bean to thick crema in less than two minutes. Non-pressurized cafe style single-wall filters allow for experimentation of grind size, grind amoung and tamping pressure to explore the art of espresso. Pressurized dual-walled filters help beginners by delivering smooth crema every time.
Breville BES860XL include double-wall filters, in addition to the standard single-wall ones, for beginners like me. Breville BES860XL also include basic steps and instructions for use with the double-wall filters to take some of the guesswork out of the process. You can do a lot with customizing the coarseness of the grind, the amount it grinds, and how much water it uses, if you’re a more advanced user. But for us newbs, you point all of the controls to “dual-wall” and let ‘er rip.
• Breville BES860XL have 15 Bar Italian-designed Thermoblock Pump
• Sealed bean hopper with 8oz capacity
• Breville BES860XL integrated conical burr grinder
• Removable 67oz water tank with water filtration system
• Programmable or manual settings
Breville BES860XL Review
When this review created, this Breville BES860XL has 4.6 out of 5 stars. Many people bought this product. It means this espresso machine has a good reputation enough. Here I’ll try to review the pros and cons of this product.
• Coffee is always fresh because Breville BES860XL grinds the beans right before you make your espresso.
• It quickly makes a great cup of espresso. I mean really great. I can still picture myself on the Grand Canal sipping this stuff at the little cafe. It’s all that.
• The milk steamer is great.
• Espresso drinks come out frothy and ten times better than any Starbucks I’ve ever had.
• Breville BES860XL is fairly easy to clean.
• It’s beautiful.
• It’s easy to operate and to set up in the beginning.
• It has a nice frothing wand. I use almond milk and it works just fine.
• Breville BES860XL measures your grid amount automatically, allows you to learn how to tamp the grinds using the double and single walled filters, and measures the perfect amount of water for a single and double shot. It grinds the coffee instantly. This is really helpful because you don’t need a separate grinder.
• Breville BES860XL is very loud. You almost need earplugs.
• You have to clean the filter in the grinder or your puck is too wet. It’s hard to clean the filter because you have to take a sharp knife or some similar object to get the little grounds out of the little holes.
• I didn’t like the default program for shot size, but a first-grader can reprogram this feature in about 22 seconds or less. Pretty much everything on this unit is re-programmable.
• There is no hot water wand / hot water option on the dial, so forget about americano without digging the kettle out and boiling water every time you want a cup without steamed milk. their answer to me was to remove the filter and add water a couple of ounces at a time into the cup (which of course using their answer would introduce loose grounds into your coffee, nice).
I highly recommend this Breville BES860XL to beginners or experience espresso machine users because they make it totally automatic for beginners (just use the dual wall filters, dual wall grind setting and press their pre set buttons for 1 shot or 2) and Breville BES860XL have single wall filters and all sorts of grind levels and manual shot setting for those who like to experiment.